Tuesday, December 25, 2007

.......

Is there anything more pathetic than someone listing their favorite songs or movies on a blog that less than a dozen people will ever read, and exactly zero people will give a damn about? Sure there is. I just can't think of anything right now.


Songs: These are not my all-time favorites, but what I'm into at the moment. A month from now, this list will be different. In no particular order:

The Corrs - Old Town. I was watching the documentary 'Joy Division', about, um, Joy Division, and the line 'this boy is cracking up' popped into my head. I had no idea what it was from, so when I got home I looked it up, downloaded it, and have been listening to it a lot since. Probably my favorite at the moment. Live version.

Willy DeVille (with Mark Knopfler) - Storybook Love. Again I was watching a movie. The Princess Bride this time. Loved it. Loved the music. The song is very much part of the movie, and listening to it reminds me of Buttercup and Westley, and the Dread Pirate Roberts. Which is nice.

Kim Wilde - Kids in America. Went to see Kim live a little over a month ago, and I have to say, for someone who is neither a kid nor in America... What was I gonna say? It was fucking great, man!

My Morning Jacket - Rocket Man. Dunno. Nice song, great version.

Suzanne Vega - Marlene on the Wall. I've always loved this song, well at least since it was in the charts decades ago. Only recently did I realize that I only have a live version, and I haven't heard the original in something like twenty years. So I downloaded it, listened to it, and I can recommend it. Ignore something you love for twenty years, and then go back to it. It's fun.

No comments: